Here is a step-by-step process for using Google Analytics and Google Campaign URL Builder to track referral partners:
Set up a Google Analytics account for your business if you don’t already have one. This will allow you to track and analyse traffic to your website.
Identify the referral partners that you want to track. These may be other businesses or individuals who are promoting your products or services on their websites or social media profiles.
Create a unique tracking URL for each referral partner using the Google Campaign URL Builder. This tool allows you to add tracking parameters to a URL, so that you can see how much traffic and conversions are coming from each referral partner.
Share the tracking URLs with your referral partners and instruct them to use the URLs when promoting your products or services. For example, they might include the tracking URL in a blog post or social media post.
Monitor your referral traffic and conversions in Google Analytics. You can see which referral partners are driving the most traffic and conversions by looking at the “Source/Medium” report in the “Acquisition” section of Google Analytics.
Use this information to optimise your referral marketing strategy. You can focus on working more closely with the referral partners who are driving the most traffic and conversions, and consider offering incentives or rewards to encourage them to continue promoting your business.
Create Monthly Branded Reports
To run a branded monthly referral report via PDF to send to your partners using Google Analytics (GA), follow these 10 steps:
- Go to your Google Analytics dashboard and select the desired property and view.
- Click on the “Acquisition” tab on the left-hand side menu.
- Click on the “All Traffic” submenu, and then select “Referrals” from the options.
- Use the date range selector to choose the desired month for your report.
- Use the “Secondary Dimension” dropdown to select “Referral Path” or “Campaign” to segment the data further.
- Use the “Filter” option to further narrow down the data to include only your branded referrals.
- Once you have the desired data, click on the “Export” button in the top right corner of the screen.
- Select the “PDF” option from the export options, and then choose your preferred formatting options.
- Click on the “Export” button to generate the PDF report.
- Save the PDF report to your computer and send it to your partners via email or any other preferred method.